Exhaust Pressure Sensor Malfunction
- Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor poor electrical connection
The Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) sensor is a variable capacitance sensor that, when supplied with a 5-volt reference signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM), produces a linear analog voltage signal that indicates pressure.
The EBP sensor’s primary function is to measure exhaust back pressure so that the ECM can control the exhaust back pressure regulator (EPR) when needed.
Note:1. Need to look up additional OBD-II Trouble Codes(DTC), use the search box. Enter the 5 character trouble codes in the search box and submit the search. You can repeat the search as many times as you need, one diagnostic code per search.
2. Don't assume a particular OBDii code means the same for other automotive manufacturers as there are many manufacturer specific codes in use.
3. If your trouble codes are for a different automotive, select that vehicle series before searching for the diagnostic codes because not all OBD2 codes used by one manufacture are used by the other manufactures. The search only looks at OBD codes valid for the currently selected manufacturer.
4. This code is for reference only.
5. Help us improve CarObdCode.com. Tell us fix the code. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.