Cooling Fan Power/Ground Malfunction
- Faulty cooling fan
- Fan control relay harness is open or shorted
- Fan control relay poor electrical connection
- Fan cooling fan harness is open or shorted
- Fan cooling fan circuit poor electrical connection
The electric cooling fan is controlled by the Engine Control Module () through the cooling fan relay based on inputs from the following components:
- Thecoolant temperature ( ) sensor
- The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor
- The A/C selector switch
- The A/C refrigerant pressure sensor
- The vehicle speed sensor (VSS)
The ECM controls the cooling fan by grounding the cooling fan control circuit which turns ON the cooling fan relay. The cooling fan relay will be commanded ON when the following conditions are met:
- The engine coolant temperature reaches 106
Note:1. Need to look up additional OBD-II Trouble Codes(DTC), use the search box. Enter the 5 character trouble codes in the search box and submit the search. You can repeat the search as many times as you need, one diagnostic code per search.
2. Don't assume a particular OBDii code means the same for other automotive manufacturers as there are many manufacturer specific codes in use.
3. If your trouble codes are for a different automotive, select that vehicle series before searching for the diagnostic codes because not all OBD2 codes used by one manufacture are used by the other manufactures. The search only looks at OBD codes valid for the currently selected manufacturer.
4. This code is for reference only.
5. Help us improve CarObdCode.com. Tell us fix the code. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.