Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- Dirty fluid
- Shift solenoids
- mechanical problems
- Transmission hydraulic control
- Incorrect transmission shifting
This diagnosis monitors actual gear position by checking the torque converter slip ratio calculated by Transmission Control Module (TCM) as follows:
Torque converter slip ratio = A x C/B
A: Output shaft revolution signal from revolution sensor
B: Engine speed signal from Engine Control Module ()
C: Gear ratio determined as gear position which TCM supposes
If the actual gear position is higher than the position (4th) supposed by TCM, the slip ratio will be more than normal. In case the ratio exceeds the specified value, TCM judges this diagnosis malfunction.
Note:1. Need to look up additional OBD-II Trouble Codes(DTC), use the search box. Enter the 5 character trouble codes in the search box and submit the search. You can repeat the search as many times as you need, one diagnostic code per search.
2. Don't assume a particular OBDii code means the same for other automotive manufacturers as there are many manufacturer specific codes in use.
3. If your trouble codes are for a different automotive, select that vehicle series before searching for the diagnostic codes because not all OBD2 codes used by one manufacture are used by the other manufactures. The search only looks at OBD codes valid for the currently selected manufacturer.
4. This code is for reference only.
5. Help us improve CarObdCode.com. Tell us fix the code. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.