Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D/E Voltage Correlation
- Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor poor electrical connection
- Faulty Control Module ( )
The Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor is mounted on theto detect the angle of the accelerator pedal. This sensor is electronically controlled and uses Hall-effect elements.
In the accelerator pedal position sensor, the voltage applied to terminals VPA and VPA2 of the Engine Control Module (ECM) changes between 0 V and 5 V in proportion to the angle of the accelerator pedal. The VPA is a signal to indicate the actual accelerator pedal angle and is used for thecontrol. VPA2 is used to detect malfunctions of the sensor itself.
The ECM monitors the accelerator pedal angle from VPA and VPA2 signal outputs, and controls themotor based on these signals.
Note:1. Need to look up additional OBD-II Trouble Codes(DTC), use the search box. Enter the 5 character trouble codes in the search box and submit the search. You can repeat the search as many times as you need, one diagnostic code per search.
2. Don't assume a particular OBDii code means the same for other automotive manufacturers as there are many manufacturer specific codes in use.
3. If your trouble codes are for a different automotive, select that vehicle series before searching for the diagnostic codes because not all OBD2 codes used by one manufacture are used by the other manufactures. The search only looks at OBD codes valid for the currently selected manufacturer.
4. This code is for reference only.
5. Help us improve CarObdCode.com. Tell us fix the code. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.