P1295 JEEP Electronic Throttle Control System Malfunction Power Management
– Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) harness is open or shorted
– Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) circuit poor electrical connection
– Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
– Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
– Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor
The Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system is made of the components throttle body, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS )1&2 and Accelerator Position Sensor(APS) 1&2. The throttle body contains the actuator, the throttle plate and the throttle position sensor (potentiometer), which are integrated in one housing. The actuator consists of a DC motor with a two-stage gear. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor which is mounted on the throttle body. And it provides feedback to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to control the throttle motor in order to control the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to the driving condition.
2006 Hyundai Sonata Electronic Throttle Control System